Money Magic Jar Spell
One of the first things many people want to know about magic is whether they can use it to make money. The answer is yes, but it requires a deeper understanding of what money is.
In our culture, we treat money as an object to possess rather than an energy to share. From the mystic’s perspective, money—like everything else—is a process, and not a finite substance. We’re encouraged to indulge in anxiety about having enough money, and we connect our bank statement to our value as human beings. Unfortunately, this mentality only results in endless anxiety - which produces vibrations that repel abundance.
When we realize that money is not an object, but an energy, then we can really start working our magic. The best money magic spell is generosity. Simply the act of sharing what you have—especially when you have little—will generate financial energy that must karmically return to you. The sages teach that there is no difference between yourself and another, that we are all one, different fingers on the same hand. So giving to another is the same as giving to yourself, not because of a future karmic reward, but because giver and receiver are one.
Just generously giving what you can will effectively bring money back your way. Something as small as offering a homeless person change, or handsomely tipping the cab driver. These small acts inform the universe that you are a giver, an active participant in the circle of sharing, so the universe will continue to share with you. Remember that the universe is a mirror, so if you are fearful that there’s not enough in spite of all the universe’s abundance, if you indulge in worrying about money, then your world will reflect anxiety back to you, impoverishing you endlessly.
So start by being more generous. No matter how generous you already think you are, if you are having money problems, then generosity is the perfect place to start solving those problems. To do this wholeheartedly, you’ll have to also cultivate gratitude. Give what you give to whomever you want as an offering of gratitude to the forces that have birthed and sustained you thus far. If you’re feeling poor, broke and abandoned by the money gods, remember all the free air you’ve breathed your whole life, the free sunshine that rises every morning, the free water that falls from the sky, the food that just comes out of the ground for you. Remember and feel some gratitude. The more gratitude you cultivate, the more your world will give you blessings to be grateful for.
But sometimes, you need to bring out the big guns. Whether foreclosure is looming, job prospects are dim, or credit card debt is piling up, sometimes you need some divine intervention. Here are two options for a money spell.
First, try a basic candle spell.
You can simply write a Petition Paper describing what you want as if you already have it (ie: “I am successful, I am wealthy, I am busy working high paying projects," etc). Light a green candle, visualize what it feels like to have your dream job, and then burn the Petition Paper in the candle flame.
Second, try a more advanced ritual by casting a Money Jar Spell:
1) Go for a walk in a busy area—ideally a place of commerce—and collect 13 lucky pennies. A lucky penny is any penny you find that’s facing up. Any pennies you find facing down, you should turn over for someone else, but don’t keep it yourself. In a pinch, you can use dimes, nickels or quarters, but whatever you choose, you should not mix & match. You might need to take several walks. (This first step is optional)
2) Put the lucky coins in a suitable container like a glass mason jar and fill it with whiskey. You can dress it by adding a combination of these common household herbs: cinnamon, thyme, basil, cloves and ginger. You can pick a few or just one, whatever you have on hand. (If you want to skip the first step, you can just put some of your own cash in the jar.)
3) Write a Petition Paper as in the first spell. Visualize the outcome you desire, blow your wish onto the paper, and then stick the Petition Paper in the jar too.
4) Seal the jar by closing its container and burning a green candle atop it, meditating as you do so and visualizing yourself enjoying the wealth you’re about to receive. Let the candle burn all the way on its own.
5) On the night of the Full Moon, bury the jar in the earth at a place it won’t be disturbed. On the dirt above it, draw a pentagram with the top point to the west. If you can't bury it outside, bury it indoors in a potted plant, or simply hide it somewhere in your home. This act seals your spell, planting a seed of wealth that will grow over time.
Try the money spell to boost your finances, level up your career, or to bail you out of tough times. Remember to start by first casting the twin spells of gratitude and generosity. Then attempt spells directed at improving yourself and enhancing your innate talents. Finally, reach to the Money Jar spell when nothing else does the trick.